[geeks] wireless range extender

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Jun 13 08:53:27 CDT 2013

Have you considered an external antenna on the side of the house facing the
barn, hanging off a dedicated AP/repurposed Router/AP?

Have you tried a better antenna on your current AP/router? One with, say 6 Dbi
gain could give the signal enough 'umph' to blast through the walls. A friend
has a pair of 6 Dbi antennas on a WRT54GL that NEARLY covers a 4,200 sq ft
house...

Lionel