[geeks] wireless range extender

Shannon shannon at widomaker.com
Thu Jun 13 07:39:29 CDT 2013

Looking for recommendations on wireless network extenders. This is for family
so it needs to be "easy".

The basic issue is too many walls, and one user in a barn 40 feet from the
house. Signal is poor at N speeds, barn user works OK but could use a better
signal as well.

So... requirements beyond easy would be to support dual band and WPA2
security.

I have looked at a lot of them, and their pricing varies wildly, from $30 for
an Edimax to some in Best Buy that are $150.

Is the Edimax too good to be true?

I'm pretty lost here, don't know anything at all about them.

Thanks.