[geeks] Nokia is getting the Rick Belluzzo treatment...

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Jun 8 16:48:16 CDT 2011

On Wed, Jun 08, 2011 at 05:28:22PM -0400, Shannon wrote:
>My biggest beef with the Mac desktop is their utter failure with Spaces
>to solve a problem that UNIX and X solutions solved 20 years ago. That
>just boggles the mind.

What's that?

I am an unusual user, I have 8 spaces, one with a terminal window (
with 4 tabs, 3 being ssh sessions),
2 or 3 with VNC windows into X Windows. The X windows are one Linux Gnome,
with 4 desktops, one with FVWM and 4 desktops, and a couple of dedicated
X window clients in their own VNC session (and space when connected), e.g.
PS3 media server, and so on.

When I was in the hospital in April, I sshed into one of the Linux systems
and then connected to everything with TCP port tunneling. :-)

Geoff.
--
Geoffrey S. Mendelson N3OWJ/4X1GM
Making your enemy reliant on software you support is the best revenge.