[geeks] Nokia is getting the Rick Belluzzo treatment...

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Thu Jun 9 01:23:53 CDT 2011

On Wed, 08 Jun 2011 17:28:22 -0400, Shannon <shannon at widomaker.com> wrote:
> My biggest beef with the Mac desktop is their utter failure with Spaces
> to solve a problem that UNIX and X solutions solved 20 years ago. That
> just boggles the mind.
>
> It looks like Lion, instead of fixing that, is going even worse in the
> other direction.

Not sure what you mean here, since for the most part Spaces does what
it should do - provide virtual desktops. Care to explain?

I like the 'mixed-metaphor' of a dock (or dock-clone) as well as
virtual desktops together. Sometimes it is just easier to click on an
active application in the dock and to be taken directly to the
application and its' desktop (without having to perform the mental
arithmetic of remembering which desktop the app is on). Sure I have to
reach for der mouse, but think it is worth it in that case.

Cheers,
Jonathan
--
jjg: Jonathan J. Groll : groll co za