[geeks] hurricane check

William Enestvedt William.Enestvedt at jwu.edu
Mon Aug 29 23:15:43 CDT 2011

In northern Rhode Island there was a LOT of wind damage, primarily trees
falling on power lines.

   Our power has been up and down, and hopefully it's up for good now. Not too
much rain, but WOW some really large trees were simply uprooted. Electrical
lines were yanked from one end of the block to the other, and I actually saw a
guy taking a chainsaw to a tree OVER HIS HEAD that was dragging down a line.
(I took a photo for his future widow.) (He lived, but then he and another guy
gathered up all the loose electrical line from up and down the block. Those
genes probably won't get passed on.)

   Lots of neighbors helping neighbors, which was nice to see -- although
Rhodey drivers are so bad that they had to put up four stop signs where
traffic lights went out since no one would stop! And God bless the linemen and
tree guys working to restore electricity: I just saw a truck at 11:30PM
cutting down trees!

- Will
--
Will Enestvedt