[geeks] hurricane check

sammy ominsky s at avoidant.org
Mon Aug 29 22:46:18 CDT 2011

Sorry for top posting, it's my phone's default.

Here in baltimore, we lost power late saturday night, and are still dark.
BGE hopes to have service restored to the majority of its customers by
friday afternoon.

Happily, our neighbor has electricity  and brought over an extension cord
for the 'fridge and cell phone chargers. Other than that, it's like a trip
back a few decades to the days before the internet, when people left the
house to do stuff. I sort of like it.

--sambo