[geeks] Ubuntu on Intel graphics

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Sun Mar 7 17:32:35 CST 2010

On Mar 7, 2010, at 1:15 AM, "Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at jdboyd.net> wrote:

> However, when I say working, it only works in VESA mode.  It seems
> that the Intel driver in 9.10 won't work with this.  The Intel
> driver that will work with this requires a newer kernel, so it won't
> really be properly supported until Ubuntu 10.04.  Sigh.

Wow, this stuff used to "just work" - what is really amazing to me is
that the ubiquity of Intel graphics cards should have kept this type
of problem from ever happening...

The novelty of testing ubuntu releases must have have worn off for the
ubuntu folks...

They'll have to step-up and do better in the future, IMHO.

Lionel