[geeks] Ubuntu on Intel graphics

Joshua Boyd jdboyd at jdboyd.net
Wed Mar 3 09:49:11 CST 2010

On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 10:42:31PM +0200, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> On Sun, Feb 28, 2010 at 03:36:19PM -0500, Joshua Boyd wrote:
>
>> OK, here are the extra arguments I'm trying:
>> ro single nosplash nofb vga=normal text noapic nolapic
>
> ADD rules!!!!! You said this was a board with an ATOM processor on it,
> right?
>
> You need the NETBOOK RESPIN or it won't boot. I just said that didn't I,
> without making the connection............

OK, I got a DVD drive for the machine now and can actually try out some
of the suggestions I couldn't before.  I didn't have time last night to
try all of them yet though.  In particular, the netbook respin was
still downloading when I went to bed.

So, Ubuntu 9.10 regular install CD will not sucessfully get me to a
desktop.  The safe graphics mode installer will show me graphics, but I
don't know yet it it will install a properly working system, since I
bailed out to try some other things first.

Next up, the netbook respin, and then maybe a different distribution
altogether.