[geeks] iPad - a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

Patrick Giagnocavo patrick at zill.net
Wed Jan 27 17:22:10 CST 2010

Mark Benson wrote:
> Well it's been a rumour for slightly longer than a roll of Andrex, but it's
> finally dropped. iPad, the fabled Apple tablet.

My disappointment:

it doesn't have a true e-reader friendly screen, from what I can tell.
I keep hoping that a PixelQi.com netbook will come out, where you have
excellent readability for text and also have a color screen.

Once it has true multi-tasking:

Personally if it can run an SSH client, and Remote Desktop Connection,
and the keyboard doesn't suck, I would buy one.  Add a VOIP client that
lets me use it as a phone and I am so there; I could ditch my cell phone
for 95% of the time.

That said:

I predict it will be a big seller.  There is not a technical reason it
couldn't do multi-tasking with an OS update.

A friend in an Asian country already asked me to buy one and then ship
it to them ASAP.

--Patrick