[geeks] iPad - a 'Miss' for me I'm afraid

hike mh1272 at gmail.com
Wed Jan 27 20:15:05 CST 2010

The Apple Bluetooth Keyboard can be used with the iPad (according to the Ars
Technica running commentary and, IIRC, the Apple web-ste).  No word about
Apple's bluetooth mice.

It will run the Kindle reader for the iPhone/iTouch.

Apple.com said that it will read .pdf files and mentioned Preview and Adobe
but did not indicate which pdf reader, if any, is included.

I can about 1GB of technical books with me.  Not much space on a PC hard
drive but about 40K pages.  If the .pdf reader is as good as Preview, I
would be very interested in using it.

It has speakers, a microphone and a headphone output.  If this is accurate
and the use of iPhone apps is accurate, Skype is a very usable option.

We use go-to-meeting regularly.  It would be nice to access this programs.

The iPad will fit into my smallest book bag nicely.  If the actual product
is as good as the demo, I will buy one.