[geeks] What you can get from the wrong furniture...

Dan Sikorski me at dansikorski.com
Sun Jan 10 13:20:35 CST 2010

On 1/10/2010 1:09 PM, Jochen Kunz wrote:
> This was partially caused by sitting in the wrong position in the wrong
> chair for 15 years. So girls and boys, please: Get a proper desk and
> office chair! Your back will be thankfull.

What was wrong with your sitting position?  I have a hard time with
desks and chairs.  Being tall with long legs (6'8", 38" inseam), I often
have a hard time adjusting  furniture to fit me comfortably.  At work,
my desk is a table put on some wood blocks to make it higher, and I use
a laptop stand and docking station that holds the display up higher to
where it's at a comfortable position.  I often struggle with the chair
adjustments to get them to suit me, and for some reason, I'm really hard
on the armrests on my office chairs.  At home, I slouch on a couch and
have my feet on the coffee table to hold up the laptop.  I'm sure this
is about the worst possible seating. :)

     -Dan Sikorski