[geeks] DVI KVM & NOT Windows 7 USB issue

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 30 06:07:05 CDT 2010

On Apr 29, 2010, at 6:48 PM, Mark Benson <md.benson at gmail.com> wrote:

> I'm tempted just to use it as a 4-way DVI switcher for my 24" screen.

Hello, Captain Obvious here again - let me try and redeem myself:

A) How is this KVM powered? It leeches of a USB port I'll bet - any
chance the system it's leeching from has USB power issues?

B) If powered over USB, you may wind up needing a powered USB to run
the KVM as a DVI switch

C) Is there an actual switch on the KVM or does it work off key
presses on the keyboard?

Just a few thoughts from Caprain Obvious ;^)

Lionel