[geeks] Coffee survey

gsm at mendelson.com gsm at mendelson.com
Wed Apr 28 12:33:34 CDT 2010

On Wed, Apr 28, 2010 at 01:09:43PM -0400, William Enestvedt wrote:
>My local roasters say to give it a day. *shrug* They make really good
>coffee, so I trust them. Also, I usually don't drink coffee at night, so
>I pick it up the day it was roasted and then start brewing it the next
>day, which is just what they advise. Have I discussed VOCs and moisture
>and stuff with them? Nah. And I am a very happy customer. If you want,
>check out www.newharvestcoffee.com and send them an email -- tell them I
>sent you. :7)

Ok, thanks. That's what 12-18 hours?

For people who are familar with Philly, I used to stop at the coffee
roaster in the Reading Terminal Market, take the train home, so that by
the time I got home it was room temp. Then I would put it in the fridge
until the next morning. This was not an every day thing, usually Fridays.

>   RE shipping: They're located maybe five miles from my office and
>perhaps a dozen miles from my house. They send out *everything* via UPS
>Ground shipping -- which takes just a day or two to get to my house --
>unless you specifically ask to pick it up. (Commerical accounts, of
>course, get deliveries via their van.)

Does the UPS delivered coffee taste the same as the stuff you pick up?

Please don't blame me if you never noticed before and now you do :-)

Geoff.

New word I coined 12/13/09, "Sub-Wikipedia" adj, describing knowledge or
understanding, as in he has a sub-wikipedia understanding of the situation.
i.e possessing less facts or information than can be found in the Wikipedia.