[geeks] Coffee survey

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Wed Apr 28 12:17:09 CDT 2010

On 04/28/10 12:58, gsm at mendelson.com wrote:
> So now if you are still reading, the question. Do you think that coffee
> improves if you let it sit after roasting, and if so, for how long?

With the exception of Ethiopian-style coffee ceremonially roasted right
in front of me at the table, I've never had freshly-roasted coffee that
I didn't consider burnt and ruined.  (Costco set up an in-warehouse
roastery that could have competed with Charbucks.)  SO I really don't
have anything to go by.

The Ethiopian coffee, I'll grant, was very good.  But look what we're
saying here:  The beans were ground and went into the pot while they
were still hot from roasting.  Naturally there's going to be more
aromatics released into the coffee.

"48 hours for the CO2 to escape", though?  I call bullshit.

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.