[geeks] Whee! Lightning strikes, AGAIN!

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Tue Jul 28 15:48:01 CDT 2009

On Jul 28, 2009, at 16:13 , gsm at mendelson.com wrote:

> That's a good question. I was assuming you would use some sort of
> static/surge discharge device to ground, which could be a gas
> discharge tube,
> an MOV or a variant of silicon avalanche diode(s).

You can buy gigabit surge suppression from a lot of places.

I'm not sure why this is a technical question any more: we don't need
to make our own, you can buy them ready made.

APC discontinued theirs for some reason, which were mostly grounded
single-port units, but I think that's because they now sell protected
switches or MOD taps, or something like that.  Probably a better money
make for them.

--
Shannon Hendrix
shannon at widomaker.com