[geeks] Unsecured Wifi connections now illegal in part of India.

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Thu Jan 15 18:42:28 CST 2009

> As long all future terrorists agree to not try and break through the
> door. Up until Sept. 10th, pilots had no idea that a hijacking could
> go so bad. In almost every hijacking I'm aware of the crews and
> passegers survived. Then we had Sept. 11.

But can they break the doors?

> Now the pilots and crew will be more defensive than before, and
> securing the cockpit is a big part of that, as are more frequent air
> marshal ride-alongs and pilots carrying a weapon.

Air marshals are nothing new.  They had them in the early 70s.  Unfortunately, too few.

> >  Reinforcing it is worthless if it gets opened.  Maybe the door was
> > fine as is.  Guess you have to redesign the plane so the pilots
> > enter the cockpit from an external door and there is no connection
> > to the main cabin.
>
> That's a bad idea, if the crew is incapacitated, you can't get someone
> in to take over the controls, the plane goes down...

And how many times has that happened without being something being transferred from the main cabin.

> >  They did modify planes so no one could hijack a plane, demand money
> > and parachute out while in flight.
>
> D.B.Cooper!
>
> I don't think they changed them so much as the designs evolved. I
> *believe* you can open a side door and jump if you REALLY wanted to,
> but there are easier/safer ways to steal that much money - go to wall
> street!

Yeah, you can try to go out the door but either get sucked into an engine or sliced by the tail.  Any door that allowed easy exit during flight was moved or eliminated.

Bob