[geeks] Unsecured Wifi connections now illegal in part of India.

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Jan 15 08:51:30 CST 2009

On Jan 14, 2009, at 8:02 PM, wa2egp at att.net wrote:

> From: Phil Stracchino <alaric at metrocast.net>
>>
>> wa2egp at att.net wrote:
>>> Actually if you look into flight 93, the terrorists got into the
>>> cockpit and
>>> yet the passengers couldn't break down the door rolling a food
>>> cart into it.
>>> How did the "bad guys" get in?  Were they let in?   I wonder....
>>
>> They social-engineered the flight crew into opening the door by
>> slashing
>> one of the flight attendants to death and threatening to do the
>> same to
>> the others, if memory of reports at the time serves.
>
> So the whole idea of reinforcing the door is nothing more than crap.

As long all future terrorists agree to not try and break through the
door. Up until Sept. 10th, pilots had no idea that a hijacking could
go so bad. In almost every hijacking I'm aware of the crews and
passegers survived. Then we had Sept. 11.

Now the pilots and crew will be more defensive than before, and
securing the cockpit is a big part of that, as are more frequent air
marshal ride-alongs and pilots carrying a weapon.

>  Reinforcing it is worthless if it gets opened.  Maybe the door was
> fine as is.  Guess you have to redesign the plane so the pilots
> enter the cockpit from an external door and there is no connection
> to the main cabin.

That's a bad idea, if the crew is incapacitated, you can't get someone
in to take over the controls, the plane goes down...

>  They did modify planes so no one could hijack a plane, demand money
> and parachute out while in flight.

D.B.Cooper!

I don't think they changed them so much as the designs evolved. I
*believe* you can open a side door and jump if you REALLY wanted to,
but there are easier/safer ways to steal that much money - go to wall
street!

> Either that or do the "Fifth Element" trick.....put all of the
> passengers asleep before flight. :)

Lionel