[geeks] The West Wing

Geoffrey S. Mendelson gsm at mendelson.com
Sat Nov 8 09:49:27 CST 2008

On Fri, Nov 07, 2008 at 05:07:27PM -0500, Lionel Peterson wrote:
>>If you voted for Obama, start at the first episode.
>
>Uh, OK.

Liberal candidate gets elected, sworn in and serves with a liberal agenda.

>>If you voted for McCain, start at the last and work your way
>>backwards.
>
>Because?

Liberal president ends his term(s) in office.

>>If you wanted to vote for Hillary, watch that show with Gina Davis
>>instead.
>
>That show BLEW - I wanted to like it (I really liked her in Accidental
>Tourist), but they put politics ahead of plot, and too many characters
>were really characitures (sp?).
>
>I wouldn't wish that show on my worst enemy.

It had a good concept. Woman gets picked for VP because she is a woman and
turns out to be a good president on her own after the elected president
dies.

>>If you wanted to vote for Sarah Palin, watch 30 Rock.
>
>I've never watched that show, but I don't really have a good reason
>why I haven't...

That's a matter of taste. I love it, but when my wife walks in when I'm
watching it, she asks (without a trace of sarcasm) "is this supposed to be
funny".

Geoff.