[geeks] Appropriate Ayn Rand comment for the election...

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 12:47:05 CST 2008

On Nov 6, 2008, at 12:13 PM, "Anthony Ortenzi" <geeks at litfire.com>
wrote:

> Phil Stracchino wondered:
>> Well, yeah, but you've got to ask how felons in prison are getting
>> voter
>> registration forms in the first place.  I doubt there's a stack of
>> forms
>> on a table in the exercise yard, and you'd think the state wouldn't
>> be
>> mailing them to CELL 419, PMITA PRISON, 425 JAILBIRD ROW ....
>
> Who says that the forms were ever even seen by prisoners?
>
> I think the point being made was that if a form is submitted to
> ACORN, they
> neither have the responsibility nor the authority to discard or
> refuse the
> forms based upon truthfulness of what's indicated.
>
> If I filled out a form as "Mickey Mouse" and handed it in to a table
> staffed
> by ACORN folks, it wouldn't be their place to refuse to accept or
> turn it
> in.

ACORN doesn't "accept" registration forms, they solicit applications.
They are not as passive as your statement would lead me to believe.

Isn't it a crime to knowingly submit a false registration form? Why
didn't ACORN work with law enforcement to stop false registrations?
How do I know they didn't? Because you don't indict, raid and
prosecute your informants...

Lionel