[geeks] Appropriate Ayn Rand comment for the election...

Anthony Ortenzi geeks at litfire.com
Thu Nov 6 11:13:14 CST 2008

Phil Stracchino wondered:
> Well, yeah, but you've got to ask how felons in prison are getting voter
> registration forms in the first place.  I doubt there's a stack of forms
> on a table in the exercise yard, and you'd think the state wouldn't be
> mailing them to CELL 419, PMITA PRISON, 425 JAILBIRD ROW ....

Who says that the forms were ever even seen by prisoners?

I think the point being made was that if a form is submitted to ACORN, they
neither have the responsibility nor the authority to discard or refuse the
forms based upon truthfulness of what's indicated.

If I filled out a form as "Mickey Mouse" and handed it in to a table staffed
by ACORN folks, it wouldn't be their place to refuse to accept or turn it
in.

-Anthony