[geeks] Appropriate Ayn Rand comment for the election...

Phil Stracchino alaric at metrocast.net
Thu Nov 6 10:37:00 CST 2008

Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 05, 2008 at 08:53:26PM -0500, Phil Stracchino wrote:
>> Some reports have it that ACORN was caught in Minnesota doing
>> third-party voter registrations for convicted felons in prisons.
>
> Do you realize that ACORN, as well as other voter registration groups, has
> to turn in EVERY application they receive?  They're not allowed to "filter
> out" the obvious bad ones before turning them in.

Well, yeah, but you've got to ask how felons in prison are getting voter
registration forms in the first place.  I doubt there's a stack of forms
on a table in the exercise yard, and you'd think the state wouldn't be
mailing them to CELL 419, PMITA PRISON, 425 JAILBIRD ROW ....

(Of course, they seem to be able to get all kinds of other stuff they're
theoretically not allowed to have.  *shrug*)

  alaric at caerllewys.net   alaric at metrocast.net   phil at co.ordinate.org
                 It's not the years, it's the mileage.