[geeks] blastwave

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Fri Aug 8 23:12:37 CDT 2008

On Aug 8, 2008, at 20:57 , Bill Bradford wrote:

> On Fri, Aug 08, 2008 at 11:07:17PM +0100, Sevan / Venture37 wrote:
>> http://www.opensolaris.org/jive/thread.jspa?threadID=68782&tstart=0
>
> I talked with Dennis in email earlier today; from what I understand
> they're
> in the process of moving all the BlastWave (tm) stuff to be governed
> by a
> board of directors, and he can get out from under having to fund and
> manage
> everything.
>
> At least that's what he told me.  I told him it seemed that they'd
> gone
> about it the wrong way, with the whole "instant shutdown" and such
> instead
> of a quick note, "hey, we're reorganizing, back in a couple of
> days".  The
> way they've gone about it is sure to put off people from wanting to be
> involved with the new organization.

No kidding.

Also, I've read in a few places that genunix.org was purchased by some
company and that Dennis and friends had registered genunix2.org.

Seems there is more to this than just a re-org, even if that is what
is going to happen.

Maybe someone is giving them grief, and forming a BoD is a move to
help defend against it in the future.

I guess we'll find out... or not.