[geeks] OLPCs for sale...

Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Nov 25 16:01:46 CST 2007

On Nov 24, 2007, at 8:34 PM, wa2egp at att.net wrote:

>> The tests teach little more than rote memorization and there is a
>> multi-million dollar industry supplying materials to guarantee that
>> you pass if you'll just put the time in.
>
> I guess you haven't taking one recently.

No, but the illiterate and innumerate graduates all around me have,
and they paid good money to get good scores.

This is big business.

>> Ditto for SAT and most of the rest.
>>
>> Accreditation can also be "studied for" by local school systems, and
>> there again there is a huge industry supply consultants to help
>> schools pass.
>
> Obviously, you have't been involved in one of those either.  We never
> had a consultant for my school and I don't think any of the other
> schools in my district have hire one.  They may be out there but it's
> a little hard to study for how your bulding is laid out.  I really
> wonder if you are just blowing smoke.

The business is there and you can google for it yourself.

I don't have to be involved in the process to see the business that is
booming around it, or just ask the people who are involved about it,
or see accredited schools that suck.  I've been in a few myself.