[geeks] OLPCs for sale...

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Sat Nov 24 19:34:53 CST 2007

> The tests teach little more than rote memorization and there is a
> multi-million dollar industry supplying materials to guarantee that
> you pass if you'll just put the time in.

I guess you haven't taking one recently.

> Ditto for SAT and most of the rest.
>
> Accreditation can also be "studied for" by local school systems, and
> there again there is a huge industry supply consultants to help
> schools pass.

Obviously, you have't been involved in one of those either.  We never
had a consultant for my school and I don't think any of the other
schools in my district have hire one.  They may be out there but it's
a little hard to study for how your bulding is laid out.  I really
wonder if you are just blowing smoke.

> It's very easy to be very good at high and "low" level thinking, and
> be unable to pass the bullshit test we force on students today.

So you say...

Bob