[geeks] Dead Mac Pro

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Nov 11 18:07:44 CST 2007

On Nov 11, 2007, at 3:52 PM, Lionel Peterson wrote:

>> From: shannon at widomaker.com
>> Date: 2007/11/10 Sat AM 09:55:44 CST
>> To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>> Subject: Re: [geeks] Dead Mac Pro
>

> When I had a serious problem with my MacBook Pro the "Geniuses"
> would have handed me a new laptop while I was at the store, but
> since I bought mine from the refurb/outlet, I had to send it off for
> repair (depot repair in CA)...

Apple store in Norfolk, MacArthur Center... I brought my dead unit in,
they looked at it, and got a brand new one out of the box and sent me
on my way.

No hassle because I've only had it a little over a month, and they
said that my crashing problems, SMC issues, and the early death were
obvious signs of a defective unit.

Running the new one now and putting my stuff back online from backups.