[geeks] Dead Mac Pro

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Nov 11 20:01:20 CST 2007

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 02:52:27PM -0600, Lionel Peterson wrote:
> Honestly, the turn-around was on th eorder of three days, and the repair
> "took", the problem has not re-occured (nor have I had any other
> problems).

When the Seagate HD in my first-rev MacBook Core Duo died back in February,
DHL picked up the machine on a Thursday evening.  by Friday at 5pm, I had
an email from Apple with the tracking number of the machine being sent back
to me after having a new HD (and a couple other recalled parts) installed.

I'd sent it off with a single 512M stick.  It showed up with that 512M (an
original Apple stick I keep for when machines need warranty repairs) and an
extra 256M stick!  Too bad I immediately yanked both out and put my pair of
1G sticks back in.

120G is tiny?  I have a 60G in my CoreDuo laptop. 8-)  Its plenty for
mobile duty though.  I don't even use >120G of space on the internal drive
on my main desktop iMac (another 2Ghz Core Duo model).

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
Houston, Texas