[geeks] fwd: The Seven Phases of Owning an iPod - An Illustrated Journey

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Wed Nov 15 10:42:45 CST 2006

On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Mark Benson wrote:
> Hmmm... still stuck at phase 2 after nearly 3 years... Well I do live
> in a rural part of the UK :P

I'm still at phase 2 as well after about a year.

> I don't use mine with headphones that much - it's mostly a car
> jukebox. I did however not even open the iPod ones (they are still
> sealed in the packet in the box, along with the sealed pack of spare
> foam pads). Instead I used a pair of Sony neckband style phones with
> it. I'm not a big fan of earbuds, at least the ones you have to stuff
> right in your ear then hammer in to stop them falling out. I
> eventually picked up a nice pair of Philips/Nike earbuds with
> earhooks on. They fit my ears pretty well and sound good, especially
> as they only cost 20 bucks.

I use mine in the car (with appropriate cabling depending on which car -
tape-on-a-string, fm xmit, or 1/8" to 1/8" cable) or with noise-cancelling
Sony headphones which work especially well if I'm vacuuming or in the
data center.  Sometimes I just wear the headphones and no ipod in the
data center.

-DanD

# They exchanged kisses via terminal- to my mind a waste of technology.
#   And of kisses.  -Heinlein