[geeks] fwd: The Seven Phases of Owning an iPod - An Illustrated Journey

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Nov 15 12:38:19 CST 2006

Wed, 15 Nov 2006 @ 09:42 -0700, Dan Duncan said:

> On Wed, 15 Nov 2006, Mark Benson wrote:
> > Hmmm... still stuck at phase 2 after nearly 3 years... Well I do live
> > in a rural part of the UK :P
>
> I'm still at phase 2 as well after about a year.

Same here.

I have had zero problems with my iPod, battery still great at 1.5 years,
no damage... just works great.

I still find that even in 2006, the UI of competing players just aren't
very good. Mostly, they cram too many features in and/or are overly
complicated.

> I use mine in the car (with appropriate cabling depending on which car -
> tape-on-a-string, fm xmit,

Do you find the radio transmitters give good sound?

I've seen one locally for about $20 made by MacPlay (I think), and
wondered if it was any good.

I wish more car stereos would ship with a simple 1/4 stereo input. I
don't need a cradle, just the audio input would be fine.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Secrecy is the beginning of tyranny." --
Unknown]