[geeks] I just saw...

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Thu Nov 9 17:42:06 CST 2006

> I had an instructor once who hand-graded scantron tests using a
> master copy that had the correct answers punched out with a hole
> punch.  She would lay it atop the student's test and make a red
> mark with a pen any time there was a void.  I assume there was a
> step to make sure no question had been marked with more than one
> answer.  I never asked why she did it this way. One advantage was
> that she could grade your test in 15 seconds when you handed it
> to her.  Had it ocurred to me at the time, I would have tracked
> the answers on multiple tests to see if she made a new template
> each time.  :)
>
> -DanD

I make a ScanTron-like answer sheet for midterms and finals.  It
takes my 2-3X longer to grade the multiple guess than using the
ScanTron.  I smile when the ScanTron breaks down during exam
week.  If I got off my lazy butt, I'd make an adapter for my
laptop so I could duplicate th ScanTron machine.  But since
I so rarely grade in that manner, I just never get to it.
Every year I make a new template.  Sometimes the exams changes
but usually I lose the previous years template. :)

Bob