[geeks] can't wait for Vista

Mike Meredith very at zonky.org
Tue Nov 7 16:48:04 CST 2006

On Tue, 7 Nov 2006 15:24:52 -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 07, 2006 at 03:02:36PM -0500, velociraptor wrote:
> > Because I would never give Dell any of my own hard-earned money.  I
>
> For all of the crappy Dell systems I've dealt with, I've got a few
> diamonds in the rough, too.  My 2.6Ghz P4 desktop on my desk here at

I've seen good and bad Dells too. As it happens, at work we happen to
have a recent high end Dell (an accidental freebie) which has an
obviously cheap and nasty case. Now whilst a bad case isn't critical,
*I* don't want a system with such a case if I spend #2,000 ($3,800
roughly) or more on a system.

It's also indicative of a tendency to reduce costs just a little too
much. Shaving a few cents off the cost of a system is no bad thing, and
usually makes the manager who made the decision look good. Repeat too
often and you end up with something nobody wants to give desk space to.

--
Mike Meredith (http://zonky.org/)
  If you play the Windows CD backwards you hear a satanic message.