[geeks] can't wait for Vista

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Tue Nov 7 16:42:04 CST 2006

From: Charles Shannon Hendrix <shannon at widomaker.com>
> Tue, 07 Nov 2006 @ 20:45 +0200, Geoffrey S. Mendelson said:
>
> > > A *test*.  Obbivously the test didn't go well.  Was the test discontinued
> > > once it was shown that it interfered with the coastal station?
> >
> > AFIK, they dropped BPL entirely.
>
> In other words, the world didn't end.

But they were smarter than the idiots in this country.  They stopped.  Here,
if you can make a buck, it will be pushed forward no matter what.

> > > What does that have to do with the discussion?  I pointed out that I have
> > > an amateur radio license to show that I view the issue from both sides.
> >
> > Simple, experience. If you are a regular HF operator you will understand
> > the mess the bands are in already.
>
> Or, you could simply be intelligent enough to read it or talk to a HAM.
>
> No experience is required for this.
>
> I mean... if a 1200 pound car sold as an econobox were to get 10mpg, I
> don't need to be an engineer to know something is wrong.
>
> > I won't argue with that. I can't say what you have or have not seen. If you
> > want more information, go to the ARRL web page, or if you are a member,
> > contact Ed Hare directly.
>
> The local ARRL people are definitely unhappy with BPL, but none of them
> give the doomsday reports that you do.

They are playing politics.  If they are totally against it, they will be viewed
as being against "popular technology" which is 180 degrees from an organization
of a technical hobby.  If they were for it, the membership would leave.

> Your messages was extremely alarmist, end-of-the-world type of thing,
> about something that hasn't even happened yet, and doesn't look like it
> will anyway.

Only time will tell...

Bob