[geeks] Paypal: complaint resolution in my favor

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Dec 24 01:43:48 CST 2006

Sat, 23 Dec 2006 @ 13:34 -0500, Aaron Finley said:

> > Just thought you guys might want to know that sometimes, Paypal does
> > side with the little guy.
>
> With all due respect, I think that is news to only you.

Whatever.  It seems to me your mileage has varied.

Everyone I know has had trouble as a buyer getting either eBay or Paypal
to do anything about bad sellers, bugs in their system, serious auction
errors (ended early, failed to end, data corrupted, etc), or much of
anything at all.

I know three buyers who had Paypal transactions go wrong, and never
could get a resolution, and one of them had to get his bank to threaten
a lawsuit before they'd react.

I've been ripped off three times on ebay, and eBay and Paypal both
basically told me to go to hell.

This is the first time either ever responded to a complaint I've made,
so I was surprised.

If others have different experiences, well, their mileage varied too.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Star Wars Moral Number 17: Teddy bears are
dangerous in herds."]