[geeks] Passwords, etc

Brian Dunbar brian.dunbar at liftport.com
Mon Dec 11 22:18:23 CST 2006

John Francini wrote:
> I'm sorry -- that's tantamount to tattooing a number or a barcode on
> you.  Worse, actually, since it can be read at a distance.
>
> If it could be used by an office it could also be used by a
> government to collect information on your whereabouts at all times.
>
> Convenience is no reason to give up privacy.

A number of Marines who went to Gulf War I got 'meat tags' tattooed on
their torso - name, DOB, SSN, religious preference, etc.  Had I gone I
would have done the same thing.

Voluntary and for the time and place a reasonable thing to do.

The point being (in a round-about way) there really isn't such a thing
as privacy now.

--
Brian Dunbar
System Administrator

brian.dunbar at liftport.com
aim: bdunbar1967

this email is: [ ] bloggable [x] ask first [ ] private

Meaningful Work or Death.
Any other form of existence doesn't interest me.

Hugh Macleod