[geeks] Finally Sun Has updated the Sparc Solaris 9 CD's

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at telenet.be
Fri Dec 8 06:13:15 CST 2006

Phil Stracchino wrote:

> Good luck.  Gnome has always been almost impossible to build from source
> code.  The dependency tree is a total nightmare.  At one time it
> actually had vertical dependency loops which made it *impossible* to
> compile it from source on a system that didn't already have it
> installed, bit I *THINK* they fixed that at least....

Apparently they did ...now I'm just going to try it with their cvs build
system ...This seems to me the only way I can go because the other
system is Linux centric so that won't work...I'll make a list as I go
and put it on my web server. the only problem I see will be the pkg
building stuff...because from what I've seen it doesn't build Solaris
pkg files
but I've seen a tool that does that tried it for cups and it worked well
so chances are that it will work for GNOME.

Michael