[geeks] Finally Sun Has updated the Sparc Solaris 9 CD's

Mark G. Thomas Mark at Misty.com
Fri Dec 8 14:28:01 CST 2006

Hi,

On Fri, Dec 08, 2006 at 07:12:11AM +0100, Michael C. Vergallen wrote:
> Sun has finally updated the images of Solaris 9 for Sparc & Intel on
> their website to a revision that is livable. Because the old images had
> a lot wrong with them one being the fact that you had to patch for about
> 1 whole day to get the system secure ... I have a development & test
> system here that  gets  trashed  about  ones  every month because it is
> used to test code before I install it on my production machine both are
> Ultra 2 with UltraSparc 1 - 200 MHz cpu's systems that don't have
> support for their cpu's in Solaris 10 ..so I have to use Solaris 9 on
> those boxes...would have liked to install OpenSolaris on them but no game...

So, was sol-9-u8-ga-sparc named files which I downloaded in 2/2006 actually
*older* than these currently listed sol-9-905hw-ga-sparc ("Solaris 9 9/05")
files on sun.com's download page?

Mark

--
Mark G. Thomas (Mark at Misty.com)