[geeks] Finally Sun Has updated the Sparc Solaris 9 CD's

Michael C. Vergallen mvergall at telenet.be
Fri Dec 8 00:12:11 CST 2006

Sun has finally updated the images of Solaris 9 for Sparc & Intel on
their website to a revision that is livable. Because the old images had
a lot wrong with them one being the fact that you had to patch for about
1 whole day to get the system secure ... I have a development & test
system here that  gets  trashed  about  ones  every month because it is
used to test code before I install it on my production machine both are
Ultra 2 with UltraSparc 1 - 200 MHz cpu's systems that don't have
support for their cpu's in Solaris 10 ..so I have to use Solaris 9 on
those boxes...would have liked to install OpenSolaris on them but no game...

BTW does anyone have the build order list for GNOME  would like to
compile the newest release to play with but I can't find the build order
anywhere....

Regards,
Michael