[geeks] Why I hate Verizon Online

Lionel Peterson lionel4287 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 7 21:42:23 CST 2006

>From: "Nick B." <nick at pelagiris.org>
>Date: 2006/12/07 Thu PM 08:33:28 CST
>To: The Geeks List <geeks at sunhelp.org>
>Subject: Re: [geeks] Why I hate Verizon Online

>Static IPs?  Non-terrible TOS?  Support that has two brain cells to rub
>together?

Static IPs would be nice, but the alternate ISP would be limited by what Verizon choose to offer/implement (as I understand it, but I am willing to accept I am wrong)...

Non-terrible TOS would of course be nice too, but I've never been limited by Verizon TOS with my DSL account of several years (a DynDNS account took care of my issues with non-static IP address)...

Support with two brain cells, well sure, but remember that your provider can't lay hands on the hardware to fix a problem, they have to work through Verizon (in this example)...

Lionel