[geeks] Why I hate Verizon Online

Phil Stracchino phil.stracchino at speakeasy.net
Tue Dec 5 11:28:33 CST 2006

John Francini wrote:
> I've had Comcast since it was AT&T Brodband, and have not had any
> problems with them dinging me for "too much downloading" or anything
> like that.

Hmmm......   if I go and look at Comcast's Internet service plans (for
which I have to start up Intarweb Exploiter, because their crappy site
is so broken it apparently only works with Exploiter), I discover that
when you look at package details, they say if you're networking multiple
home computers they must all be Macs running OS9 through 10.2 (but not
10.0), or Windows 98SE through XP.

I do not view this as a promising sign.  For one thing, it contradicts
their earlier statement that you can network your gaming device.
(However, it's consistent with their apparent belief that Intarweb
Exploiter is the only important web browser on the entire planet.)

Honestly, we wouldn't even be getting our TV service from Comcrap if we
had a workable alternative.

--
 Same geek, same site, new location