[geeks] Why I hate Verizon Online

John Francini francini at mac.com
Tue Dec 5 12:06:07 CST 2006

Their web site is, not to put too fine a point on it, full of shit.

They use standard protocols.  I'm not using their Home Networking
package either.

I have a Netgear FR114P firewall/router as the first device the Cable
Modem sees.  Everything is behind it.
That includes:

o Airport Extreme
o Two Mac laptops
o Mac G4 desktop
o AMD PC running Fedora

I also have my own Cable Modem too.

You may need to connect one computer to the cable box during the
initial provisioning. Once everything's set up, unplug the box,
unplug the one computer, plug in your router, and go to town.