[geeks] Why I hate Verizon Online

John Francini francini at mac.com
Tue Dec 5 11:01:25 CST 2006

I've had Comcast since it was AT&T Brodband, and have not had any
problems with them dinging me for "too much downloading" or anything
like that.

Admittedly, I don't fall into the "gigabytes of data a night" type of
downloader, but I have pulled things like full Fedora distributions,
occasional DVD images (like the Star Trek fan-developed Original
Series episodes), software updates, etc. without ever hearing from
the alleged Comcast Download Police.

And the speed can't really be beat, unless and until FiOS comes to
Nashua.