[geeks] Why I hate Verizon Online

Jonathan Groll lists at groll.co.za
Tue Dec 5 02:23:48 CST 2006

On Tue, Dec 05, 2006 at 12:32:01AM -0600, Bill Bradford wrote:

> I just can't beat $17.95/month for 3/512 DSL.  I've had maybe two outages
> in the past six to nine months that I can remember, and none of them
> lasting more than thirty minutes

I always get sickened when I read how cheap US bandwith is.

Here in South Africa, because of monopolistic tendancies from the main
telecomms provider, I pay something like:

ZAR490.00 (=USD $68) per month for 384kbps ADSL,

BUT and here's the clincher the above price is for an account with a
4GiB international cap, so if I exceed total throughput of 4 GiB to
international hosts my account gets terminated unless I pay more money.

Are there caps at all on the accounts discussed above?

Cheers,
Jonathan.