[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sun Aug 27 11:22:58 CDT 2006

Sun, 27 Aug 2006 @ 11:28 +0100, Mike Meredith said:

> The amount of FUD we get to hear about the Euro is astonishing. As if a
> nation could lose it's identity because it changes the currency.

What's funny is how much european currency is really based on the same
ancient coinage, so really it really wasn't part of their heritage
anyway.

Europe is made up of barbarian nations that took over after Rome fell,
and they had no standard currency except that of Rome.

Somewhat aside:

I wonder if anyone remembers that one of the primary causes of the fall
of Rome was their use of fiat monetary policy?

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Don't you see that the whole aim of Newspeak
is to narrow the range of thought? In the end we shall make thoughtcrime