[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Joost van de Griek jvdg at sparcpark.net
Sun Aug 27 15:52:08 CDT 2006

On 8/27/06 6:22 PM, Charles Shannon Hendrix wrote:

> Sun, 27 Aug 2006 @ 11:28 +0100, Mike Meredith said:
>
>> The amount of FUD we get to hear about the Euro is astonishing. As if a
>> nation could lose it's identity because it changes the currency.
>
> What's funny is how much european currency is really based on the same
> ancient coinage, so really it really wasn't part of their heritage
> anyway.
>
> Europe is made up of barbarian nations that took over after Rome fell,
> and they had no standard currency except that of Rome.

That's not entirely true. After the fall of Rome, most of Yerp went back to
using actual precious metals for coinage, only later returning to the Roman
system of currencies representing certain monetary values.

,xtG
.tsooJ
--
Real programmers always mix up Halloween
and Christmas, because Oct 31 == Dec 25