[geeks] Windows and timezones

William Kirkland bill.kirkland at gmail.com
Sat Aug 26 19:50:05 CDT 2006

I do not recall if this actually uses time zones correctly or not,
but the following is an excerpt from a cheat sheet style document I
put together for a Win NT class I took not too long ago ... I suspect
that the key words may provide a better search for you in any case
(even if this does not solve your issue the way you need it).

It does sync the clock to a ntp server ... (which implies gmt)

Start -> Run... -> regedit
	HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE ->SYSTEM -> CurrentControlSet
		Type                        SZ      NTP
		NtpServer                   SZ      192.168.203.10

		LocalNTP                    DWord   1
		Period                      DWord   24
		ReliableTimeSource          DWord   1
		MaxAllowedClockErrInSecs    DWord   5000

Start -> Run... -> cmd
	net stop w32time
	net start w32time
	w32tm -s