[geeks] Subversion, two weeks of usage

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sat Aug 26 18:09:32 CDT 2006

On Sat, Aug 26, 2006 at 06:54:46PM -0400, Robert Brooke Gravitt wrote:
> These tools are of particular interest to me, as I've done SCM/
> Release Management for the last decade. I spent considerable time
> wrangling ClearCase/ClearQuest, CCC/Harvest (now AllFusion Harvest
> Change Manager), CMVC (and later TeamConnection, both IBM), ChangeMan
> DS, and PVCS at the Enterprise level. I worked several smaller
> projects using CVS & Perforce.

My first big project at $WORK-1 was "Hey, can you migrate this huge
Visual SourceSafe repository to CVS?"

Nowdays I'd recommend Subversion...

At $WORK(0), there's lots of CVS and Clearcase, but fortunately we have
CM people that manage all of that; I just make sure the machines it runs
on stay up. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford