[geeks] DVD based backup software

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Sat Aug 26 10:09:32 CDT 2006

Tue, 22 Aug 2006 @ 00:28 -0500, Phil Brutsche said:

> Bill Bradford wrote:
> > Yes, but that doesn't automate the task of "take these files, fit them
> > onto multiple DVDs".
>
> The current version of bacula can do that.
>
> http://www.bacula.org/
>
> The specific portion of the manual is:
> http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/DVD_Volumes.html

I've been working on this, but it is awfully complicated for what I
want.

Every time I look at a software package like this, I marvel at how
complicated configuration is.

I suppose it is for handling all sorts of different situations and being
automated.

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- [Well, I have entered the "metallic years."
Silver in my hair, gold in my teeth, lead in my ass... -- Sheldon Hall in