[geeks] DVD based backup software

Charles Shannon Hendrix shannon at widomaker.com
Wed Aug 23 22:46:48 CDT 2006

Wed, 23 Aug 2006 @ 22:19 -0400, Phil Stracchino said:

> Bill Bradford wrote:
> > On Tue, Aug 22, 2006 at 12:28:28AM -0500, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> >> The current version of bacula can do that.
> >> http://www.bacula.org/
> >> The specific portion of the manual is:
> >> http://www.bacula.org/rel-manual/DVD_Volumes.html
> >
> > Yes, but will it *span across multiple DVDs*, for jobs > 4.3G?
>
> Yes.  It spans across any media, including (I think) removable hard disks.

I didn't like Bacula last time I tried it, but if it will work well with
DVD media I might use it.

I got a client on FreeBSD already, so I need to build the server on my
Linux box (the one with the DVD burner).

Can't find a build for NetBSD 1.6.2, and I hate building things like
this on my ancient SS5.  But if it works... :)

--
shannon "AT" widomaker.com -- ["Castles are sacked in war, Chieftains are
scattered far, Truth is a fixed star, Eileen aroon!" -- Gerald Griffin]