[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Thu Aug 24 16:43:00 CDT 2006

>>> ten day weeks.
>> *I*'d like them well enough, but I doubt either Christians or Jews
>> would [and maybe Moslems]
> ironic, since in europe at least the names for all the weekdays are
> pagan...

North America too, at least in English.  (Moon-day, Tiw's-day,
Woden's-day, Thor's-day, Frey's-day Saturn-day, Sun-day.)  French I'm
much less sure of the origins of (lundi, mardi, mercredi, jeudi,
vendredi, samedi, dimanche - I can see lune-day (=Moon-day) in lundi,
but the rest are obscure to me).  Spanish I don't even know the words.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign
 X  Against HTML	       mouse at rodents.montreal.qc.ca