[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Janet Campbell janet at foonly.com
Mon Aug 21 12:01:07 CDT 2006

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Sheldon T. Hall wrote:

> So, I have to set the time from time to time, as it not only doesn't set its
> own time, it doesn't keep very good time.  Works OK as a phone, though.

You know, in some ways that's preferable to what my phone does.  It sets
the time automagically, but if it loses signal, it stops making any
pretense at keeping time.  I find that I can't use it as a reliable alarm
clock in most situations, which is just disappointing - how much more
would it have really cost for them to do it right?  My ten year old Nokia
never had a single time-related glitch.

-Janet