[geeks] Now for something completely geek

Dan Duncan dand at pcisys.net
Mon Aug 21 12:24:57 CDT 2006

On Mon, 21 Aug 2006, Janet Campbell wrote:
> You know, in some ways that's preferable to what my phone does.  It sets
> the time automagically, but if it loses signal, it stops making any
> pretense at keeping time.  I find that I can't use it as a reliable alarm
> clock in most situations, which is just disappointing - how much more
> would it have really cost for them to do it right?  My ten year old Nokia
> never had a single time-related glitch.

My advanced ahead-of-its-time grey-market SonyEricsson P800 doesn't set its
time off the network but it will on sync and it does keep good time so
at least the alarm function is useful.

-DanD

# The  important thing is not to stop questioning.  Curiosity has
# its own reason for existing.      -Albert Einstein